JOIN THE 2018 LONGHORN RUN COMMITTEE!
- Longhorn Run will accept committee applications on HornsLink beginning on Monday, August 28, 2017
- All applications must be submitted through HornsLink and are due on Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 11:59PM.
- Questions about the application process should be directed to Longhorn Run 2018 Director Minh Do at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be notified via email by Wednesday, September 13, 2017.
Committee Member Expectations
Being a Longhorn Run committee member requires a significant time contribution and commitment year-round including:
- Attending all-committee meetings to be held bi-weekly during the Fall semester and weekly during the Spring semester.
- Attending team meetings to be held bi-weekly during the Fall semester and weekly during the Spring semester.
- Attending two committee retreats to take place in October, 2017 and January, 2018.
- Participating in Longhorn Run Committee service events.
- Actively promoting Longhorn Run on personal social media channels by following all Longhorn Run social media accounts sharing event content year-round.
- Taking a great deal of initiative both within the responsibilities of their position and in contributing to the overall success of the committee.
- Contributing time to events that promote the race including but not limited to tabling on a regular basis, speaker circuiting, and other outreach initiatives.
- Contributing to pre-race events including working kick off events in February, training events February-April, 2018, working Packet Pick Up set to take place April 9-13, and race day on April 14, 2018.
- All applicants must be available on race day, Saturday, April 14, 2018. Committee members are required to work the event from set up to tear down.