Happy 2017 Longhorns!
The New Year is often a time for looking ahead and setting goals for ourselves. If you're considering a fitness goal for this New Year's resolution, we are here to help you! This blog will offer tips and provide guidance for every level runner. With a focus on topics including nutrition, fitness, and reasons you should be a part of Longhorn Run 2017, this blog will be here to help you cross that finish line!
Winter break can be a difficult time to start or stay in shape. Realistically, this should be a time for us, as busy UT students, to relax and take some time off to prepare for the spring semester. Similarly, if you are planning to train for the Longhorn Run, you should take this time over the break to focus on getting some good rest, eating well, and maybe starting some light workouts.
To help you get motivated until we all get back to Austin, members of our Longhorn Run Committee have provided their favorite inspirational clip or quote. Enjoy and start setting those Longhorn Run goals!
1. Admiral McRaven's Commencement Address (2014)
- Bridget McLaughlin (Director)
2. "Make your workouts fun! Find a workout buddy or try a new type of exercise in order to keep you from getting bored with your workouts this year."
- Kari Whitmarsh (Assistant Director)
3. "There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people." - Bill Bowerman
- Brad White (Volunteer Coordinator)
4. Good, better, best. Never let it rest until your good is better and your better is best." - Tim Duncan
- Phillip Yoon (Pre-Race Logistics Coordinator)
5. Shia Labeouf "Just Do It" Motivational Speech
- Kevin He (Campus Outreach Coordinator)
6. "Believe in yourself and you are halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt
- Sarah Stripling (Post-Race Coordinator - Banana Alley)
7. "The real purpose of running isn't to win a race, it's to test the limits of the human heart." - Bill Bowerman
- Trevor Phillips (Public Relations Chair)
8. "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone" - Neale Donald
- Zeynep Dikmen (Longhorn Legislative Aide)
9. Miracle Speech
- Elyse Ensor (Digital Media Coordinator)